Ned Kelly

Ned Kelly

“Duck Ned!” Hugo shouted. They were fighting some fierce police at Ballarat. They had just stolen a few jewels from a jewellery shop and were on their way out of town. Then the ruddy police showed up. They were outnumbered 10 to 2. They had plenty of experience with these skirmishes but that didn’t mean it was easy. They get out of them due to sheer luck mostly. “Hurry up Ned they’re on our tail” said Hugo “I told ya we shouldda brang horses Ned”. “Oh shut up we don’t have any!” “Well we coudda taken some”. “Where were we going to get horses Hugo?” “Somewhere, off a carriage or something, I dunno.”
Having made their escape through the trees and hills they reached their hideout. There, Ned and Hugo were still arguing about where they will get their horses even while they were having Billy Tea and stale biscuits. Their hut was an old abandoned mining shack. The roof was rusted and full of holes and the wooden frame were full of termites. They had found it when they were looking for hidden treasures when they stumbled upon it instead. Then it seemed like a good idea to make it their hideout then but now they were regretting it. Because it was so gloomy. There they had met a Dingo pup and named it Buttercup.it was a strange Dingo it was pure white with Amber eyes. It could only just walk when they found it so they had to feed it milk from wild goats that they found.
Ned and Hugo tried to train Buttercup to be a watch dog. To howl and yelp when strange people came. They tried to train her only to bark at police men but that turned out to be a great difficulty and any way it did help apart from always every minute running out to look up the street to see who was coming. They decided that they would rob a Inn to get their horses. A Inn at out of town ballarat was far away from any police station and it wouldn’t take long to rustle up some horses and equipment from around the back and they would be out of town within minutes. So came the big day when the two friends set out on which seemed to be an easy robbery but this would turn out to be a great fight for survival. All went well until it seemed there was a new police station just within a few blocks away with plenty of eager men ready to shot a man. The police came swarming in through the streets and corned them they were fighting with their lives at stake. Ned shot three men dead and wounded another man. Hugo killed two men and fatally wounded another man with a bullet to the head.
This was just one episode in the life of Australia’s most famous Bushranger Ned Kelly.
I think?
This story is not based on true facts.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!