Farmer Dave

Farmer Dave was out checking what cattle needed feeding. When he got to the heifers, he saw that Rosey his red cow was gone. “This is very bad” thought farmer Dave. She will be calving soon. So off he went to find Rosey, first he went out to the dog cage to see if Rosey was there. No Rosey here, but there is a very hungry dog named Jimmy, he was yapping very loud. So Farmer Dave went to get the dog food, and saw that the cat was stuck up a tree, “I will feed the dog and come back for you.” Dave put the food in the dog bowl and Jimmy gobbled it down like the flash.
Farmer Dave went to get the ladder so he could get Fluffy down. He climbed up the ladder and went to grab the cat, but just as he went to gab it, it jumped out of the tree and ran off. “Well that was a waste of time,” said Dave. “I will go to to chicken cage next,” he said, so Farmer Dave went to the chicken shed. When he got there, he saw that there was a leaking pipe, so farmer Dave went over to the shed to get his tools. Rosey was not there, so back to the chook shed went farmer Dave.
Dave spent a long time fixing the pipe and got very wet, so he went to change his clothes. Then he went to the hay shed to look for Rosey but he just could not find her, so he went to feed the bulls some hay. Just as he was going past the dam, he saw something red floating in the dam. He jump out of the tractor and ran over to the dam. When he got there, he saw that it was just a red drum floating down the dam, so Dave fed the bulls hay and went back to the shed.
Next, Farmer Dave went to the shearing shed, but there was no cows in sight. The sheep were running around everywhere. Dave took off on the motorbike to try to get them back, but they were too hard to get back, so he shut the gate and put the lambs in the shed. “The sheep will be fine,” he thought, so off he went to keep looking for Rosey. “I hope I find her soon,” he said.
Farmer Dave was going to give up, when he saw that some heifers were out in the paddock next door. He went down to get them back and guess what he saw? Rosey with her red and white calf under a bush. He took them back to the yard and gave them some hay and pellets. The calf had a drink. So farmer Dave was happy that the calf was fine and Rosey as well. So Rosey was safe and farmer Dave got his jobs done while looking for Rosey.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!