War Of The Gods

“This is truly troublesome, Hades has not been very active recently and I am afraid he may be plotting the downfall of all of us.” Zeus said looking at all of the Gods and Goddesses surrounding a large table.

Before anyone else could speak up, there was a sudden shake of the Earth.

Gaia, mother of Earth, had a worried expression across her face. “It has begun, Hades has begun his attack,” she said.

Zeus glared, “battle positions.”

They nodded and took off without another word.

Hercules walked over to Zeus, “Father, what's happening?”

“We are preparing for war, Hercules. This is the time for you to rise up and finally show your might and conquer Hades.”

"What? But father I cannot..."

"You must Hercules! Do not be a coward in the face of danger, you are our last hope, nothing else we have tried has appeared to work and you are the only one who has not made an effort in taking down our enemies."

"I wont disappoint you father," Hercules said reluctantly and walked away.


"How could I possibly defeat Hades?" Hercules asked himself as he readied himself for battle.

He sighed and grabbed his sword and shield and turned, seeing a horde of demons come over Mount Olympus and hearing loud laughter pierce the air.

"What? How is his army already here?!" He asked no one in particular, quite panicked. "I-I cannot do this, I am not strong enough to defeat them all. I'm not even a full god, I am not strong enough, I couldn't possibly defeat Hades."

He saw Ares, the God of War soon come into sight, making him panic more. He stepped back and saw Gaia creating vines and capturing some of the enemies, crushing them with immense force. He looked over to his father who was casting thunderbolts upon many warriors who dared to attack him or his allies. Hades came into view with a sadistic smirk spread on his face. The hound of Hades, Cerberus jumping up from behind the mountain and grabbed people with it's three mouths, tearing them to shreds, blood going everywhere.


Hercules' eyes grew wide with fear when someone put a reassuring hand on his shoulder, he turned to see Aphrodite smiling sweetly at him.

"You must not fear what it is to come but embrace it, have the courage to stand up and fight for what is important to you. Protect the ones you love and cherish and if you believe, everything will turn out the way its meant to be. Find the courage to protect us and defeat Hades, we all believe in you and are counting on you, Hercules."

Hercules seemed to calm down after hearing her and nodded, turning back to the fight, he gripped his sword and shield tightly and charged towards Hades. Kratos was fighting against Cerberus and Zeus was fighting against Ares, leaving it easy for Hercules to get to Hades.


Hercules knocked Hades' pitch fork out of his hand due to the surprise Hades had gotten from the sudden strike. He brought his sword down hard on Hades, a bright light emerging from the contact. The entire place was engulfed in the bright light, soon the light faded, Hades was unmoving on the ground, along with Kratos and Cerberus and all the other enemies. Loud cheers erupted instantly. Nike, Goddess of Victory was cheering the loudest. Hercules laughed a little and started cheering as well, he soon stopped when he saw his father coming towards him.

"You did it, you found the courage to defeat Hades and you have saved us all."

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!