Walkway Of Secrets

The Walkway of Secrets
As I walked into the door, silence was upon me. I introduced myself and sat down at my desk, at Ballarat High School. It was scary at first but I got used of it. The school was huge and I almost got lost. It was like a magical world that no one can discover. I took a walk down the hallway and discovered something unusual. Something amazing and scary at the same time. It was a secret walkway. I didn’t know how to explain it, it was like I was in two worlds. Magical worlds.
The next day I was excited to explore the secret walkway. I rushed my work to see it. Everyone was staring at me so I thought, that wasn’t a good time to see the Secret Walkway. I waved at the kids that where staring at me and walked away like nothing happened. For the past day people have been curious about my weird behaviour. I don’t care about those people, they can stare at me all they want, I thought, but nothing is going to stop me.
The next day something bad happened, the teacher asked me what I was doing after recess and after lunch. I said, I was going to the toilet and rushing back to class. The teacher told me it was prohibited to walk around in school hours, I apologized and walked back to class. During class I thought about how to get into the Secret Walkway without people seeing me. Well it is Saturday tomorrow and that is when everyone has a break from school, so that is when I am going to explore the Secret Walkway.
It was Saturday morning when I went to school grounds. I was excited, really excited. As I walked into the Secret Walkway, I realised that it didn’t have a name. So I called it, The Walkway of Secrets. I was excited to find out the secrets. I walked in slowly and saw a box, a treasure box. I opened up the lid and it had shiny bottles that had clouds in them. It was memories of every ones secrets. I picked one up that had my name on it, pulled the cork out of the bottle and listened. i heard voices saying my secret. I thought that I should get out of here before any one finds out.
It is the end of the school year and I was a bit upset that I was leaving the town and the Walkway of Secrets for a holiday. I knew it will be waiting for me when I get back. As I walked to the car I heard some voices again. The same voices when I was in, The Walkway of Secrets.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!