Bad Hair Day!




"Hi guys! I'm Jimbo. I won't say I'm skinny but I won't say I'm fat. I don't like myself very much... I have light, hazel eyes, a slender shaped nose and short, stumpy, red hair which I hate! So I'm at the hairdressers getting done up."

I arrive out the front of Shannon's Barber and I see so many couples walking together. Sometimes I wish I had a family to go to. I start bursting out in tears. Everyone surrounded me ( by everyone I mean a blindman's dog and a freaky old lady that looked poor). I begin to feel sorry for myself but I remembered that in 5 days I have a date and hopefully that will turn my life around. I looked at my watch. 11:45 on the dot. My appointment was ready. I took a deep breath and made sure my eyes weren't wet and red.

I took my first step in the door and the first thing I hear is " back again, Jimbo?" Kate asked. "Yeh ..." I replied. "Ok, every time you come in you don't like your previous hairdo. Right?..."
"Right."I answer. "Well, scientists have newly released a gel that will perfectly shape and clean your hair." "Sounds great!, what's the catch?" I ask. "Well, you will have to wait until the 18 of July. The scientists are just double checking to make everything safe."oooooowwwwpppppphhhhh, well, mmmmmm, ok ..."

4 DAYS LATER

I can't wait another second!! I don't know how long this gel will take to work?! And if I don't have good hair for my hot date tomorrow who knows what will happen?!

My brain was telling me "what in the world are you thinking!" But my gut was saying " you know girls these days. A good old first impression will help!" So I decided to go with my gut...( stupid decision!)

Unaware what would happen, my hair started growing rapidly! I began to grow big, fat, dirty red dreadlocks! I looked in the mirror and I started getting wrinkles! I look 100!!!!!!

I tried cutting my hair and even shaving my hair and nothing worked!

I was so busy focusing on my hair, I lost track of time. I had to meet my date at the Dine in Cafe downtown in 15. I didn't know what to do. Should I go or stay? I decided to go. For all I knew she is a chemical scientist and can fix my hair by burning it. Ha, as if!

I regret saying that now. I met her ( lovely lady by the way). Her name is Lauren. As the date went smoothly we told each other our jobs. SHE IS A CHEMICAL SCIENTIST!

On our 1st anniversary Lauren gave me a gift. As I peel off the glossy, white wrapping paper I see a bright green, circular bath bomb.

As I soaked in the bath my wrinkles washed away. My hair dissolved and boy did it feel great! I was back to normal.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!