War Of The Four Lands

The soldier trudged along the cold, hard gravel, every step making the ground beneath his feet crunch. He was chosen by his people to protect their nation from an onslaught of terrifying raids made by other nations trying to claim more land. Although he wasn’t experienced and didn’t like fighting, he knew that his whole nation depended on him and they hadn’t had the training he had.

The conditions were very tough, the nights were freezing, food often went salty and bitter and many soldiers were killed through injuries and infectious diseases. The soldier got out his weapon and scanned the scenery, making sure he was ready for any intruders. Suddenly he was grabbed from behind and thrown to the ground, leaving his limbs paralyzed. It was the worst pain he had experienced in his life. Just he was about to get up the injured soldier was thrown into a bag and tossed onto a truck. Helpless, he decided to wait and desperately hope that help would be on its way.

Soon the soldier found himself tied up on a rope with three of his other allies. Then he heard an unfamiliar but vicious voice, “Give me the map, or you will suffer the loss of your friends and yourself,” The soldier knew this was trouble. Out of nowhere, he heard another voice, “Fire the gas tanks!” from the window came a huge cloud of purple gas. The soldier used this valuable time to get out his army knife, cutting the rope with all his might, the soldier finally made a hole. He and his allies jumped out of the windows and ran to an air force base and hid behind some boxes.
Although they hadn’t won yet the soldier was glad that he and his fellow mates were safe for now

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!