War

As the enemies entered the country they crept in quietly, carrying all the explosive goods. They came and robbed all our produce and minerals and placed landmines all over my village and city.
In the morning, the sound of bangs flooded into our house and all I could see was smoke, I prayed no one was hurt, but boy, I was wrong. People like my Auntie were lying there not moving. I was too overwhelmed to cry, it was just a horrible sight.
Later that night my mum had to ration our food carefully and shut our windows so tight, it was pitch black. I couldn't sleep all night because the atmosphere was crazy and noisy, the land of cries, bombs, shooting and hate.
The minute I was about to doze off, there was a huge BANG!
All I saw was a huge light and that was the last I ever saw of anything.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!