I Am Who I Am

I wake up every day wondering if I should even try again. Just the same old miserable life over and over again.
First my mother nagging me to get out of bed,
then just another fight between her and I until we get to her work.
After 2 hours of waiting around just for everyone else to go and enjoy their day,
then I finally get to be taken to school.
When I get out of the car I turn around
and get to everyone else having fun and being themselves.
I wish I could be just like them,
oh well, time for class.
I throw my bag on the port – racks and line up, just for another day of learning what we already know.
Yeah well that goes on for 7 extremely long hours.
And from here on that’s my day, so then I get to go home and have the time of my life!
Well, for some people going home isn’t the best either… So I guess all I get to really do at home is sit in my room,
look out my window
and wonder why everyone else is better than me at everything.
As I pull open my curtain I remember something…. Aren’t I the one that pushes myself out of bed?
Me, no one else.
And the one that forgets what happens in the morning and pushes it out of my day.
I’m also the one that puts on a smile veryday to make mine and everyone else’s day better.
I’m the one that pulls myself through the day without being an absolute wreck.
I’m the one that embraces who I am,
who I am, no one else is.
Now you may be an A+ student,
or a confident leader.
But that’s you, not me.
And I’m not going to change for anyone,because I Am Who I Am. :D

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!