Was I Dreaming?

I start to feel a bleak current of air run down my spine. The auroral, teal sky disappears in front of my eyes and we have nowhere to go and nothing to keep us existing. Then all of a sudden drops of sweltering water slowly rushes down the sides of my face. What was happening?


The ground starts to agitate beneath my feet and then it starts to part faster than I could find a secure place. Ahhh, I stumble into a deep void that had never existed before. I struggle and struggle to get free, but it is no use. I am trapped here forever.


I don't think I will ever make it back to a safe place! I still struggle but it is still no use. The jagged lines in the ground are just getting to a colossal size and closer to the gigantic stump just sitting there behind us. I know something will be a disaster and I have a feeling it is coming my way.


There it was, I was right. Standing right in front of me staring straight into my eyes stood something that nobody would want to approach like this. As soon as it bent down like it was trying to help. I felt like I had lost my mind. Was this really happening or was was this just a silly old dream? Who knows?

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!