Power Of Nature

Excellence Award in the 'Word Zone 2016' competition

The jagged ridge backs of mountains with snowy peaks like iced meringues,
Reaching for the Southern Cross, wearing a shawl of clouds,
Their neighbour is a fiery desert with wind that whips up scorching red dust.
It lay with spinifex and tumbleweeds like washed out dull green marbles.
Pristine dewy rainforests,
Rainforests that are preserved for thousands years or more,
Sing and sway to the beat of the rain.
Tendrils of aroma from eucalyptus leaves and rich dark soil creep out and steal my breath away.
Roaring, crashing waves engulf the golden sand.
With relentless force and strength, the sapphire tides roll in.
The vastness is indescribable, where the blue sea meets the azure sky,
The sun dips down in an orange haze, amongst violet clouds.
I hear them sing, I watch them dance, I feel their charisma.
Nature’s power in creating beauty was both delicate and infinitely patient.
We think we make a better world,
But should we think again?

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!