Sam And The Haunted House

One sunny afternoon, Sam Brown’s family were off-roading in their ute. They were heading to Golden Lake with Sam’s brother Tim, his Mum and his Dad. Golden Lake was the most famous lake in England.
Suddenly, their car came to a holt. Sam looked out of his window and what he saw made his tummy flip with fear. There was a thick fog and through it he saw a dark figure crossing the road towards a scary looking house. Sam was perfectly scared, but Tim insisted that they had better risk going through the fog if any of them wanted to see the Lake.
They drove really slowly through the fog. Then a lightning bolt flashed, and their car stopped dead! Sam’s heart started to beat fast, though only for a second. Before them was a rusted titanium wall, about one hundred metres tall, at least that was what Sam estimated. The next moment all they could hear was the clanking of pistons, and the huge wall started moving upwards. It looked like it hadn’t been touched in hundreds of generations.
On the other side of the wall was a room. It was as big as a large mansion. It was quite a simple room. It had an arm chair, a wooden table and a photo of a grumpy old giant mouse. The photo was hanging above the table by a chain made of mouldy cheese. The boys went to explore the far end of the room while their parents explored the sides of the room.
Tim leant on the arm chair and it suddenly crumbled into small pieces, revealing a trapdoor. Tim told the others to come down with him but his parents said that if anyone was going down the hole it was Sam ad Tim.
So, Sam and Tim clambered down the rusty old ladder, lining the side of the hole. About half an hour later, the boys finally got to the bottom of the ladder when suddenly hundreds of lasers burst out of the stone walls of the cavern. One singed Tim’s hair!
Then Sam saw the dark figure he had seen in the mist, dodging the lasers! He was VERY skilled. Finally, after a few minutes (that seemed like hours) of dodging the lasers themselves, they found an exit. It was damp and cold, and a tight squeeze, but surprisingly the tunnel didn’t last long.
Soon they found a ladder up to another trapdoor. The boys burst out of the trapdoor….and out into the depths of the Golden Lake. Sam picked up a handful of pebbles. That’s when he figured out why Golden Lake is called Golden Lake. The pebbles were balls of solid gold!
The boys started swimming towards the surface. There, they found their Mum and Dad! They went home rich, but they never took that road to Golden Lake again.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!