Never Give Up On Your Dreams

"Dad! Dad!! Get up we're going to be late!” "MMMMM" growled Dad reluctantly.
"Today, Dad if you don't mind.”
Dad said something under his breath, which Fergus couldn't hear.
"GET UP!" screamed the panda to his grudging father. Ten minutes later Dad finally wobbles out of bed with a languid look on his face. Fergus was already in the car with his roller skates in his backpack.
"When will Dad ever pull his act together," thought Fergus. Fergus was a different kind of black and white blob who ate dumplings for breakfast, lunch and dinner (a panda). He dreamt he would one day make it to the roller skating tournament in Beijing, China and maybe even win. He could roller skate since he could tie his shoelaces and has never given up since. His father however only eats, drinks, sleeps and burps. Ever since his mum died, he's never been the same. He's always see-sawing around the bamboo eating it and muttering to himself.
Fergus was feeling like an excited ant attracted to honey. Dad was feeling as gloomy as ever. The pair drove for hours to get there, but eventually they did and the relief to stretch their legs was indescribable. The roller skating rink was colossal. Warm-ups had just started; Fergus slipped on his roller skates and started warming up.
He peered at his surroundings and saw his main competition ...it was Finn. Finn thought he was the best and would win the comp easy peasy. He was a bully. He always bragged about himself and thought he was the best. During warm-ups, he pushed Fergus over and Fergus had a bruised nose. Fergus went back to the change rooms to put on an icepack on his sore nose, he saw Finn there staring down at something in his lap as he got closer he saw it was a magic 8 ball.
"Will anything go wrong today?" asked Finn.
"Yes," whispered the glossy ball.
"What?" demanded the impatient panda.
"What are you doing Finn?" asked Fergus in disgust.
"None of your beeswax, you nosy old fool," replied Finn.
Fergus rolled out of the change rooms, and rolled his eyes in disappointment, "I can't stand him for one more day," said a livid Fergus.
Fergus and Finn were lined up along the starting line and then Fergus noticed something terribly wrong with Finn's shoes, he was wearing ice-skates instead of roller skates, he decided not to say anything and see what happens. He tried to find his mojo but it was hard not to imagine what was going to happen.
"On your marks, get set BANG!!"
They were off and while Fergus was well ahead, Finn was carving up the wooden floor with the blades on his ice-skates, he had barely moved a metre. A security guard grabbed him and threw him out a window, in the end Fergus didn't win but it just goes to show ... NEVER GIVE UP ON YOUR DREAMS.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!