Maddie's Diary

Saturday the 8th of August,
Dear Diary,
My name is Maddie, as you already know. Today was one of the best days ever. I just got back from my netball and guess what? We won against the best team ever! My two favourite positions are Wing Attack and Goal Shooter.
Sunday the 9th of August,
I am really tired because I just came back from church and I had to take care of my annoying little brother. He made me play tag the whole time so I can't write much. In fact, I'm going to stop writing right now.
I just woke up. I fell asleep and when I woke up it was DINNER TIME!!
Monday the 10th of August
I was going to be late for school. Correction - very late. School started at 9.15 and I woke up at 9.10. I had 5 minutes to get ready!Aaaaaaggggghhhhh!! I ran and I ended up being late for science class, but that's okay because I don't like science. At lunch break, I met my friends under the big oak tree. We talked for a little bit and then Emma said we should play truth or dare for the rest of lunch. Guess what Rosie made me do? She made me go up to the boys and ask them if we could play basketball, but of course they said no.
Tuesday the 11th of August,
I am lying in bed pretending to be sick, to get a day off school. I blew my face with the hairdryer so my face is now warm, so that my mum thinks I've got a temperature. I just heard a knock on the door, so bye.
I am back but it wasn't my mum or dad at the door it turns out it was my puppy Sammy. So now Sammy is lying on my bed keeping my feet warm. Got to go, I just heard another knock on the door - bye.
My mum had come into my room and guess what? I got to stay home, YAY!! So when my parents weren't in the room, I played on my phone. My mum said that I have to go out, to get some fresh air. I took Sammy out with me and when we crossed the road, he got hit by a car! I am really depressed now.
Wednesday the 12th of August,
Sorry I couldn't write anymore yesterday, still sad about you know what. Though on a good note, I got to stay home again. Still sad about Sammy's death.
Saturday the 15th of August,
Sorry I couldn't write for a while I was so sad - don't ask. But on a really good note, I just got back from netball. I forgot to tell you it was the finals and we won YAY!! We celebrated by having a party.
…to be continued

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!