NETWORK ERROR

AUSTRALIA, MONDAY, 7:53 AM:
I woke up to Mum opening the blinds and making my eyes hurt. “ahhhh, Mum!” I said both mad and tiredly. “It’s time to get up Trent, you have to be at the bus stop in 20 minutes!” she said. “I’ll catch the later one” I said as I got out from underneath my doona and sat on the edge of my bed. “alright then, but make sure you don’t miss that one” she said “I’ve got to go to work now, we are having a very important skype conference today, bye!” she said while she grabbed her bags and left out the door. I got out of bed, had a quick shower and got dressed. Dad was at the breakfast table reading emails on the computer for his work. Dad was a carpenter. “Morning Trent” Dad said as he stared at the computer angrily. “Morning Dad” I replied. “what’s going on?” I asked as I sat down to the Weetbix I had gotten myself. “the stupid computer isn’t working” he said to me madly. “must be our Wi-Fi” I replied “always glitches around and plays up on us” I added. “Anyway, I’ve got to leave for school now” I said while putting my bowl in the dishwasher. “Have fun” Dad said. “Yeah, you too” I replied.
MONDAY, 8:40 AM
I arrived at school right when the bell went. Our first class was English. Everyone stood at their chairs “Good morning Class” our English teacher said. “Good morning Ms Vella” everyone said in that way that all students say good morning to their teachers. “Today we will be learning about adverbs, now, first we are going to watch a short video on the internet so we can understand adverbs before we start doing some work on them. “uhhh, Ms Vella?” one of the students said “yes?” She said. “I don’t think the internet is working” The student said. “What do you mean?” Ms Vella asked. “Well, I heard that all internet in the whole world has stopped working because of a programming issue” The student replied. “yeah I heard that too” another student added. “Me too” another student said. Ms Vella opened the internet app on her computer just to check, “this isn’t good” she said worryingly “this is not good” she added.
AUSTRALIA, 3 HOURS AFTER INTERNET LOSS:
Australia was in Anarchy. After only 3 hours of internet connection there were already tens of thousands of people in the streets of Melbourne, Sydney, Brisbane, Perth and Adelaide who were outside of internet stores throwing rocks through the windows and setting fires.
WEST AFRICA, NIGERIA, 4 HOURS AFTER INTERNET LOSS:
Nigeria was fine. They hadn’t even heard about the internet problems but hadn’t had any problems anyway. They were working and learning well. They had adapted over hundreds of years to live without internet. They were all calm and okay.
CONCLUSION
I wrote this to show how important technology is to us these days.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!