Happy To Be Lucy

There once was a girl named Lucy. She lived in Bundaberg and was in Year 2 at school. Lucy loved learning new things at school but sometimes she didn’t want to be there because she was being bullied by other kids. The kids bullied her about the colour of her skin, her teeth and even how big she was. They called her dumb and ugly.
Lucy tried to ignore them and sometimes she told on them to the teachers. The bullies would lie and say that Lucy was actually being mean so we would all get into trouble. She felt like there was nothing she could do except look forward to home-time each afternoon.
Lucy was miserable and felt like she wanted to be somebody different. She asked her Mother why these kids disliked her so much. Her Mother said it was not because they disliked her it was because they didn’t really like themselves. This is why they picked on kids like Lucy, kids who were kind and smart and not afraid to be different. Lucy thought this sounded true but still felt very sad.
Lucy’s Mother decided to go in and speak to the school Principal. The Principal said she was very sorry for what Lucy had been going through and said she would stop it from happening anymore. At assembly, the Principal spoke about bullying and about the reasons behind bullying. She asked the kids to put their hands up if they had ever been bullied and to talk about how it made them feel. She also asked for anyone who had ever been a bully to talk about why they did it and how they felt. This got everybody talking about it and it wasn’t very long before the bullying had stopped. Kids were thinking about other kid’s feelings and how they didn’t want to be mean anymore.
Lucy was no longer miserable about school. She felt happy to be herself and she knew that no matter what anyone said about her she would always be happy to be Lucy.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!