Dream

Excellence Award in the 'Word Zone 2016' competition

The hypnotic waves caught me in an unbreakable trance. Round and round and round and round and
I stirred from my troubling nightmare. “Urrrrh” I moaned.
The glowing sunlight blinded me. It was an early morning.... And I still had that... Dream? Or was it nightmare? I don’t know but it was really spooking me out. “Huh?”
It all felt like some sort of scam, but for what. How could someone possibly get into my mind? And even if they could, why? ‘It’s not like I was some sort of precious gold to them,’ I thought desperately.
My imagination had run away with me!
When I got up to the kitchen, I still had that queer feeling, so Mum told me to stay home. She had her !SUPER-CONCERNED! face on.
“Would you be a dear and make me some tea?
You can make yourself a hot choc if you want?” she whispered with her now tight voice.
“Got it,” I whimpered scratchily, as a throbbing headache started to rise. I limped to the kitchen, returning with my warming cocoa and boiling tea for Mum.
I must have fallen asleep in the delicious heat of my toasty hot choc, as the swirls were rising and rising, and still rising until everything went BLACK.
I thought, for real, that I was dead then, that was, until I started to see an evil view of a treacherous castle tower!
It was black, sleek and deadly, I even thought that I could hear the howls and screams of the many dead peoples’ ghosts and spirits. Feeling an icy chill down my spine, I ran towards it.
“It must be some sort of.... Just what, What!? Really, what?’ I thought fearfully, ‘Was this some sort of scam because if they were trying to scare me, I was glad to say they had definitely succeeded. Was this just any ordinary nightmare, an illusionistic horror?
I needed to calm down in this crazy mess of a horror. ‘But how,’ I thought, ‘How did I get I involved in this and how do I get out of this?
A malevolently wicked laughter echoed from the winding old tower. It rang so far that I almost didn’t hear a blood-curdling scream follow it. What was this, some sort of place for innocent murder? ‘If it is I am pretty sure I have my phone on me, so I can call 000?!’ I thought feebly. Had I?
Stumbling through craggy rocks, dark, thick tall trees grew in an obscure forest. Finally, I’d made it through the scrub and dirt.
Bruises’ and cuts wounded me all over, but I didn’t care. I’d come here to find that.... That person....“Well, well, well. Look who we have here” expressed a particularly.... Well let’s say, strange-looking man.
I was a mix of fear.... And curiosity, not knowing what would come next. But that was good otherwise I would have screamed at the thought of being a dream ghost! No-way!!!

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!