Fading Star

My eyes are the truth, I can sadly see, selfishness is destroying humanity.
I gaze at the shadows cast by cement towers, there are no more purple, sweet scented budding flowers.
Has Medusa turned your planet to stone?
I fear your race will soon be alone.
The guardians with their green swords and shining armour, desperately fought; resulting in drama.
The warming toxins will soon turn icy cold, poor air to breathe, population will have no option, except to leave.
I was once a star, that shone so bright, but the gases are stopping me illuminate at night.
Darkness descends upon the maze of destruction, can somebody please give this insanity an instruction?
Ironically I feel relieved to know my fate, I have no time, I'm fading, it is too late.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!