Natures Elegance

You come to a crossroads, one laced with crimson roses and an enchanting voice of a maiden, the other a whimsical forest, you think, the maiden’s voice may be a trap to lure you to someone who could give you great pain and sorrow so you go left into the forest, dark and cold.
The deeper you tread the colder it becomes till you come to a cabin, its log exterior has not been cared for many years, covered in green moss that is bright in contrast to the rotting wood, so you contemplate entering to find some absolution but when you hear the grass susurrate behind you so you run past it as your heart pounds, you know that one wrong move will cause you a sudden death.
You come to a clearing.
You breathe in the fresh meadow air and notice the faint smell of perfume upon the breeze, you follow the scent till you realise you're not alone, before you stands a beautiful woman with hair that looked as if it was made from the finest copper.
You look at her fair dainty skin and sigh out in admiration.
For had you come up to the love you had always searched for or was she just another who was destined to pass you by?
With the flow of the breeze she fades like the autumn leaves, there was no time for attachment or an exchange of pleasantries.
You gasp as the ashes of what she once was passes by you, you don’t get it she gave you the feeling that she was the one you desired ever so greatly.
This isn't the time to stop you must continue so you follow her ashes through the land, passing by the great river bends and a forest ever so dense, your midnight journey through the lands seem to be never ending till you reach a wall, it surrounds a town.
You scale the old sandstone wall to show a town, lit by little lanterns as they are all in song together, the most beautiful woman you had ever seen stood upon a wooden crate, the moonlight catching her eyes that look like two kaleidoscopes where the glass shards are arranged in different shades of blue.
Her hair seems to be spun from 24 karat gold thread and her satin amethyst dress caresses her body ever so delicately and then you know that she is the one you have been searching far and wide for, she is the one whom can keep you safe and grounded, that you can love and cherish.
Your heart yearns for her touch, for her angelic voice to call your name.
You couldn't leave this town now you needed to stay for her, for everything you had searched for.
She calls out to you upon her makeshift podium and the moons heavenly light shines down onto the both of you igniting your souls. Beyond the longing for you both know that you belong together.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!