Talar, Ruler Of The World

ZZZ...Talar snored. “What time is it?”
Talar got out of bed and fell over, THUMP!!! “Who did that?” Talar screamed. Talar was grumpy. In fact, she was VERY grumpy and whenever she sleeps in, mysteriously, she always wakes up grumpy.
She put on her favourite sparkly pink dress and her blue glasses. She got out some Super-licious ice-cream for breakfast. Why? Well she was always too hot because she sleeps in sheep blankets and the fluffiest pillow in the world. So ice-cream cooled her down. And besides, she loved bubble-gum and that was the flavour!
Not so far away having ants on toast, was an echidna called Emma. Emma despised Talar. I’d go as far as to say Talar was her number 1 rival. Emma thought she was the most beautiful animal in the world, but Talar was very pretty. “One day I’ll get that freaky fruit monkey,” Emma said.
About a week later, Emma and Talar decided they wanted the magic handbag to become the RULER OF THE WORLD!!
So Talar walked slowly, and in a stark contrast from Talar, Emma galloped towards the Pretty Pink Palace, where the handbag was locked in a glass cabinet.
KATHUMP! Emma and Talar squashed into each other! “What are you doing here weirdo?” screeched Emma.
“I’m here to become the RULER OF THE WORLD!!!” screamed back Talar.
Upon hearing this, Emma’s face turned red and scrunched up like a 120 year old grandma’s.
“No you’re not, I AM!”
“No, I AM!”
“I’ll show you that I am!
SCRATCH! NIP! BUMP!
When the dust had settled, Talar came out panting, “I’m OK, I’m OK!” But Talar hadn’t noticed that Emma had tip-toed away. “NOOOOOOOO!” she yelled.
Of course by the time Talar got there, Emma had already become the RULER OF THE WORLD (and the bag also made her slightly prettier).
“I AM THE RULER OF THE WORLD, AND I COMMAND EVERYBODY TO PAINT MY TOE NAILS!” bellowed Emma. So as quick as a lightning bolt, everyone got painting. But not sneaky Talar, no, no, no. Any second now she was going to pounce straight on Emma to get that handbag (and make Emma go flat!).
SPLAT! Went Talar. But Emma had moved away! “Oh man!” said Talar.
Talar’s second attempt was to try and steal the handbag at night. But there were two small problems. Number one was that Talar was PETRIFIED of the dark. Number two was that Talar always fell asleep at 5.00pm sharp.
Now Talar had run out of plans!
An hour later, once again, Emma ordered everyone to paint her precious toe-nails while she watched the sun set from a 30 storey house!! Once they had done, Emma stood and stared at the sky.
Talar had thought of a plan. If she could push Emma off the 30th floor, she could become the ruler!
“AHHHHH!!!” Emma all of a sudden got pushed off the roof! “HOORAY FOR TALAR, HORRAY!”
And that’s how Talar became the RULER OF THE WORLD. And if you’re wondering what happened to Emma, she stayed in hospital for the rest of her life!

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!