The Intruder

Finalist in the 'Word Zone 2016' competition

It was night time, my parents had gone to Canberra for a work conference and I was left in my cold, dark room trembling with fear of robbers. I read my book called “501 Easy Steps to Sleepy Time", drank 55 cups of snoozy time liquid. It was 11 o’clock and I still couldn’t get to sleep! Just then I thought about making a trap for any possible intruders, so I gathered all the things in my drawer and even the drawer itself! I got mum’s step stool and carefully balanced my drawer on the top of the hall door. If the intruder opened that door the drawer would fall straight onto his or her head. As a backup I placed my stone and marble collection on the floor to make it harder for intruders to get to my room.
I finished setting up the trap. I felt sleepy so I went back to bed and dozed off for what felt like seconds when I heard the front door opening. “Ahhh!” I screamed, “a robber!”. I frantically jumped out of bed and was lost for an escape route, but then I saw the window “Maybe I could jump out of that?” I thought. I pushed the window with all my might and I finally opened it. I jumped out and toppled on to the flower bed. I ran as fast as I could over to tell the neighbours, but when I was running, I bumped into my Mum. “Mum! Mum!” I screamed. “There is a...”. Suddenly Mum and I heard a moaning sound from inside the house. Mum said “I’ll go in and have a look”. “Don’t go in there it’s dangerous!” I wailed. Mum said that dad was in there. I ran inside the house to check on Dad, but when I got in there, I realised that there was no robber. It was just dad with a lump on his head and sitting on his bruised bottom.
THE END.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!