I Hate Japanese

“Kira, you’re day dreaming again,” whispered Ella. “You must listen to Miss Kite or you will fail Japanese class again.”
I hate Japanese! I don’t need to learn how to speak a language that my friends don’t speak. If it were French, I would be the best in the whole school. I would be dressed in my red beret and my matching cork pumps every day, but not Japanese. I’m sure the people are nice but I don’t like writing vertically and jotting down complicated lines. Every day I sit in class and think about my absolute loathing for this language. My teacher hates me too and I hate her. She doesn’t treat me with any respect so I have no desire to pay attention. But I can’t fail again or I will lose my reputation as a perfectionist, so I stop imagining my future as a millionaire and start to listen to Miss Kite with her terrible teaching skills.
“Would anyone like to sign up for this amazing opportunity? It involves education and big awards. It would be the best experience of your entire life!” explained Miss Kite breathlessly.
It was the first thing I’d heard in this lesson and it sounded awesome. Maybe it is about a shopping spree or learning a different language like French, so I shot my hand high in the sky. No one else raised their hand...
“Congratulations Kira! You are the first Year 8 student to accept a Japanese Exchange Student!”
“WHAT!” I shouted with anger in my high pitched voice.
“Yep for a whole two weeks and...”
Ring, ring, ring! The bell rang for home time and I ran out the classroom door like a headless chicken with my fellow students looking at me with shock. I sprinted home as fast as I could with my heavy blue bag on my shoulder and thoughts rapidly running through my head. Do I have to eat Japanese food? Do I have to speak Japanese? I only know how to say hello. I am so regretting listening in class and it is all Ella’s fault. I slammed close my ornate wooden front door with majestic glass windows and drop my keys on the timber floor. I stomped towards the kitchen to eat my delicious pre made croissants. Then, I saw my mum waltz down the stairs wearing her favourite summer dress.
“Hello dear. I heard you signed up for a Japanese exchange student,” defined mum clearly. I sighed,
“No mum, I hate Japanese. It was total misunderstanding.”
“Well, I have something to change your mind,” said mum mischievously. “We are going on an amazing holiday to Tokyo. Just you and me.”
Oh, great! Happy holidays to me (not).

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!