Brave Adra

Excellence Award in the 'Word Zone 2016' competition

Once upon a time there lived a monkey called Adra. Every day she liked to go ?shing near the swamp which has a ?owing river leading to the beach, with her friend Coconut the kind monkey. One day when they were ?shing, Adra felt a hard tug on her ?shing rod, it was very heavy but when Adra pulled it out it was a green, ferocious and enormous crocodile!
The enormous crocodile was ?ercely snapping since it was still hooked by Adra's ?shing rod Adra was holding but while the crocodile was snapping he accidentally snapped on Coconut's tail and decided to not let go of her tail. Coconut was quite heavy so the rod snapped in two. "Ow, ow-eeee" Coconut winced in pain, while the crocodile gritted on to Coconut's tail tightly.
Adra knew she had to help her frightened friend Coconut. By now the crocodile was in the river heading for the blue ocean. Adra couldn't let the crocodile escape to the ocean, otherwise she would never ?nd her friend. At that moment an idea popped into her head, since she was a good climber and swinger. She could swing in front of the crocodile and scare him, that way the crocodile will open its mouth and let go badly hurt Coconut.
Now Adra only had to know where the crocodile was headed. After looking for a while she saw a light of a cave and it looked like the crocodile was heading straight for it and she spotted a vine a little bit more forward than the cave. "Perfect" Adra said with a smile. When Adra was hanging from the vine she was also nervous, as well as Coconut but hurt too. She only had one chance to save her dear friend Coconut. She encouraged herself, Adra knew she had to help her frightened friend Coconut. By now the crocodile was in the river heading for the blue ocean. Adra couldn't let the crocodile escape to the ocean, otherwise she will never ?nd her friend. At that moment an idea popped into her head, since she was a good climber and swinger. She could swing in front of the crocodile and scare him, that way the crocodile will open its mouth and let go badly hurt Coconut.
When the crocodile saw a ?gure dropping down, the crocodile was so frightened and surprised that he nearly choked on the water in front of him. Since the crocodile choked, he opened his mouth and let out weak Coconut, leaving Coconut to ?oat above the water. The crocodile swam so fast away it looked like he was the ?ash swimming away! When the crocodile zoomed o?, Coconut was so hurt that she couldn't swim so Adra carried Coconut to get a bandage and they lived happily after.
The End

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!