A Day In The Life Of A Sporting Fan

Excellence Award in the 'Word Zone 2016' competition

A new day of school, my eyes are peeled; I just wanna get on that footy field
I get to school, have a kick with the boys, I’d rather do that, than play with my toys.
I should be listening to Mrs Beag, but I’m just thinking about playing league.
I’m here for history, learning about ‘Cook’, I’d rather be home reading a sporting book.
The lunch bell rings to go have tucker, but I much prefer to go play soccer.
I’m back in class doing my test, but league’s on my mind and I can’t do my best.
The adrenalin kicks in, it’s not just about the win, it’s fun, it’s free, it’s who I’m meant to be.
I dream of Grand Final day, me and the boys, all training is done, let’s go make some noise.
The teacher yells, “Are you done?” I shake my head and stare; my body may be here in class,
But my heart is elsewhere.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!