The Assassin's Blade

Excellence Award in the 'Word Zone 2016' competition

Soldier #5967 woke up knowing nothing of his past; he didn't know where he was or how he got there. He was in his own world trying to recall some memories. All of a sudden he came back to the present, he heard a sergeant bellowing orders, the voice echoing inside his mind ...
Leo was attending a new school, but he wasn't like any of the other kids. His senses were more acute and any injuries healed quickly. He was adept with weapons, such as short swords, katanas and bows. Then out of nowhere he vanished; no one knew what happened. Everyone forgot that he'd even existed.
After years of what felt like floating in an abyss, he remerged, not into his own world, but into another, more advanced. A world with flying cars, hover boards and teleportation. Here, he spent many years, but he did not age - Leo looked as he did when he was on Earth. He asked people what year it was and they replied with weird answers. Years later, in this world that he had come to call home, he was whisked away to join the "Great Army," an army he knew nothing about.
In a different dimension called CSOM749 Leo started training to become a great warrior. Leo and his new companion Cole were looking at the timetable for their dormitory; they had 'rebooting the mind' for their first activity. They looked at each other with great trepidation because they knew it meant getting brainwashed. Leo and Cole wrote down everything that was important to them like their names, ages and personal information. While they were training they were given new names. Leo was now Soldier #5967.
After several years of training, Soldier #5967 and Soldier #5966 went into battle. It wasn't a typical battle, it was against Robots that had been built to serve humans but had turned against their former masters. Now the Robots were at war with the human race and it was up to the Great Army to stop them. The war raged on while each side battled for power. When they were ready to go into battle their sergeant gave Soldier #5967 an exceptional mission; because of his past experience he was an assassin sent to execute the leader of the Robots.
Soldier #5967 knew the mission would probably be suicidal. He took a secret passages that went above and below the enemy, and successfully sneaked through without alerting any guards. He was about to drive his sorceress blade that was engulfed with flames into the leader, but the guards noticed him. He had to get out quickly or he would be tortured and killed. He ran as fast as he could, dodging bullets as he went. He made it back out, but just as he reached safety he was shot in the back and blacked out. He kept crawling as black blood pumped from his lesion. His skin started knitting itself together ...

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!