Taking Control

Smash! Bang! Windows fracture into thousands of tiny pieces. Lui confidently sprints through houses, although it feels like a magnet is pulling him back into a vortex. A cold chill runs down his spine as he hears the sound of animals getting closer and closer! Now the dogs can be heard from a meter away! The vicious creatures pounce at him as he just manages to make the five meter jump! He struggles to hang on the edge of the building but uses every muscle in his body to pull himself up! He begins to climb the monstrous building.
With only seven meters to climb Lui is now drenched in sweat with the sun draining all his energy. He stops as something catches his eye through a window he can see a kitchen. Smash! He kicks the window with his metal plated boots and grabs every sweet he can find, jelly, starbursts and a chocolate unicorn statue. Now he is feeling more energetic than ever, he turns to see three policemen enter the room. One of them fills the room with tear gas but Lui grabs a peg and clips it to his nose. He holds his breath and quickly snatches a homework book from the bench and whacks one in the face. He pegs a block of soap at another and chokes the last with a hair-tie. Lui sprints to an elevator and goes to the lowest floor. He runs out a fire exit door to find himself trapped with S.W.A.T teams blocking the only exit. He backs up, with every gun aiming at him. He never thought Sydney could be so heavily armed. As he steps backwards he trips over a hockey mask, it starts to glow as he picks it up. It attaches itself to his face just like the roots of a tree forcing through the soil and his faith in taking control was once again restored.
Lui sprints down the alley dodging flying bullets. He rips a fire extinguisher of the alley wall and jumps of it spraying dry ice at every one. He grips onto a ladder and climbs up the building. Lui was never found again.
THE END

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!