Dancing Among The Stars

I laughed along with my friend Luci, who was hunched over the steering wheel trying not to crash the car.” Stop I’m gonna crash the damn car,” she said through laughter. That just made it worse. My friend Luci and I decided to go on a 3-day trip around the coast which meant camping in her Toyota next to cliffs for two nights. After an hour of driving my stomach decided to make the sound of a dying whale.” Do you wanna eat something,” I said bending down in the passenger’s seat to retrieve my thermos of Macaroni and cheese. Luci just nodded. We decided to pull over and eat.” Hey, Luc do you want me to drive,” I asked. Luci said yes because according to her driving is hard. We hopped back in the car. Soon it was nightfall and Luci was driving. Suddenly, out of nowhere a car cut in front of us, we screamed. Luci yanked the steering wheel, but it was too late. The car catapulted over the side of the cliff. That was the last thing I remember.
I woke up and looked around I was surrounded by ocean. I looked down and saw a sight I will never forget. I was hovering over the mangled bodies of me and Luci. I knew as soon as I saw us we were dead. I turned my head and saw a flickering image of Luci. I knew that’s what I looked like too. She looked at me and whispered in a voice only I could hear.” Ruby we are dead aren’t we.” Slowly I nodded, she looked at me and gestured for me to follow her. We started flying, I laughed and giggled as the wind tickled my face and threw my hair around.
We’ve been dead for almost a year now. It’s funny how blind humans are. Luci and I fly around the world every day keeping tabs on our friends, yet they don’t seem to see us. We spend most afternoons lying on clouds and when the sun starts to set, every ghost, spirit, and angel ventures up to heaven where we belong. And on a clear night’s sky you may even be able to see us dancing among the stars.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!