Hues Of Twilight

Excellence Award in the 'Spread The Word 2017' competition

The fiery hues of dawn spilled over the grass. Reds, yellows, oranges and even the faintest of pinks and purples painting careful, blended strokes into the sky, dotted with fluffy white blotches across the ebbing pale blues. Wind carefully brushed through the fields in sheets, the gentle caress of the breeze not missing a single blade of grass under its caring touch. The sun painted extravagant colours across the horizon as the same colours settled onto the grass, casting long shadows of the leaves of great oaks.

The sun dips down, out of sight as the light disappears, a pleasant breeze sweeping past, shaking leaves and brushing the grass. Then there was the night. Oh, the night...

Bright stars splayed out across the dark sky, casting down light onto the world as it is benighted. Uncontested, the stars shine and the moon gleams. Pleasant chills of the night sweeps through the air, unto your skin and etching memories of a world that is never brighter than when it is dark into your flesh, diminished by a shiver down your spine. Truely, the fact of the matter is not that stars cannot shine without darkness, it is simply that stars are a phenomenon so breathtaking that they demand the world to darken around them. But smile, smile in the glow of moonlight as twilight bleeds out upon the horizon and look around, for beneath the stars, you may finally see the wild things running amok in their own domain, which you may now see in the light that you have lent the darkness.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!