Safe Haven

I couldn't breathe. The walls around me were closing in. I was trapped, left in a minuscule room, hyperventilating, breathing for my life. One moment I was standing, free as a bird with the sweet smelling gentle breeze blowing against my face, the sand falling through my toes. But it feels as if it were just a dream. A long mesmerising dream that no longer existed. I could hear heavy footsteps through the thick walls. Although I laid helpless on the icy floor unable to move, I was petrified. Who are these people that had kidnapped me? Was I going to die? So many questions flooded through me. I was completely ambivalent to my horrifying destiny. The screeching noise of gunshots stung my ears as if I were in the middle of a war zone. All of a sudden I heard shouting voices from the opposite room. Could this be my rescuer, my hero? I shuffled slowly to the corner of the damp room wishing I would be free of this dubious moment. A loud bang left an agonizingly painful shudder over my body, at that moment I was free. Now the mesmerising dream is my reality. Day after day I walk along the beautiful sea hearing it recite my name. I have found my Safe Haven.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!