Happy

You know that state of numbness? Where you’re at that point in your life where it’s just “Oh, Ok.” All the time. Some people ask me if I’m happy and I always thought I was, so I thought about it. There are nights were I’m staying up late with my friends, mucking around and laughing till my stomach cramps. The nights were I stay up late just to talk to them and they stay up just to talk to me. But then there’s those nights were I’m up all night because I can’t sleep. My eyes are burning from the tears, my pillow and shirt soaked and my hand clutching my stomach so tight that there’s a big red mark, just so I don’t scream. I have my face buried in a pillow and my throat aching. I have flash backs of every terrible memory I poses. Everyone who’s hurt me and I feel all alone again, like nothings changed. I remember every fist that met my body, every scream I held and every cut I hid. I remember how much I hate myself and how much I want to die.
That’s when I wonder if I was really ever happy at all.
You can never trust other people. I regret opening up to so many people, they didn’t deserve to know me like that. The harsh reality is, you are alone and no one will ever truly understand you. You’re the only one who will be there for yourself when you need. You are the one and only You. So, I sat myself down, stroked my hair, wiped my face, held my hand and said, ”Your OK”.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!