The Crash

Excellence Award in the 'Spread The Word 2017' competition

I tried yelling to anyone close by as the thought of precise death flowed through my mind. I looked around, the world was so elegant so precious, I wasn't ready to leave. I pictured my funeral I backed away from the hidden meaning of my notion.
***
I darted my eyes towards the lights coming my way, the sky was dark with the rain pouring down heavily, the windshield wipers were going fast, but not fast enough to clear the vision of the road. I swiftly moved my eyes back to the luminous street lights, lighting my journey home. I exchanged views about pulling over to fight the feeling of fatigue, but I continued driving being conscious of time. I glanced at my mirror, I saw a car drift towards me...
The pain ran up my legs as I slammed into the door of the car, with the pain seeping through the rest of my body. The airbag steered into my stomach sending my head back into my seat, the word escape was running laps through my stunned body, I lay trembling in shock watching my surroundings move away but I just stayed cramped as the car sandwiched around me. What had I done? Who have I killed? I tried to shed a tear but I couldn't move. I cried but no one could hear me, the car pinched my lungs making it harder to retrieve air. I moved my head ever so slightly to catch a glimpse of the scene. I could vaguely see the car glued on the bottom half of my body compressing it with a hard force. The pain increased, the feeling of fear took over the ghastly feeling of shock, then it all came to an unexpected halt. I knew I had to fight this and to make it out alive but my eyes slowly forced themselves closed, the reverberating noise became still and very quiet.
I head sirens blaring and many questions being asked, I wanted to open my eyes, but the sight would be too painful. The reality was scary to face but it had to be done, I attempted to raise my head but I was restrained. The only thing I knew was that the ambulance had arrived to the scene, I heard rough noises then two cold fingers touched my neck.
My vision was a blur, my sight was coming back to reality as it came to my attention that I had crept away from the incident and was relocated to the hospital. I felt someone holding my hand, I used all my energy to wake myself. I looked up and saw my concerned family supporting me, which was when I knew everything was going to be okay.
6 months later...
“The accident hasn't restricted me from anything, it's made me stronger and more appreciative about what I have. But make sure if you're suffering from fatigue, stop and rest" I told the news reporter in a caring manner.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!