TEACHER'S WORLD

The secret was out and it was only me who knew.
I’d always wondered why the teachers were usually even the slightest bit late. Earlier this morning, the secret was revealed.
Once the bell went, all the students scurried out and Mr. I. Scream wasn’t far behind them. His long legs took the stairs two at a time. He didn’t dress like a regular teacher. Today he wore a long sleeve, stripy, button up shirt (which is kind of what most teachers wear). What made my teacher rather strange, however, was his love of football shorts - shorts that were always just one size too small! Even in the middle of winter he would always wear his beloved shorts. No-one in our class had ever dared ask him what was so great about them, because we knew if we had, more homework would be coming our way. Surprisingly, our principal didn’t seem to have a problem with his unusual dress-code.
I followed my teacher cautiously, tip-toeing with every step I took. I hid behind objects, peered behind walls and snuck into places I shouldn’t have gone… places like the teacher’s staffroom!
I spied with my little eyes, a most shocking discovery. From behind a wall I saw Mr I. Scream and not one, not two, but several other teachers queuing in a line. They were waiting for their turns to reach out and place their pointer fingers onto an electronic, finger-recognition pad.
What I saw blew me away! I was as confused as a chameleon in a bag of full of skittles. The teachers had entered an oasis, a place of massage chairs, manicure and pedicure stations, flat screen TV’s, unlimited tea and coffee… and to top it off, there was not a student in sight! I even heard whale music playing in the distance. It was a little slice of heaven for teachers.
No wonder teachers were arriving late to class and always happy. Now that I knew the secret, it was time to confront my teacher, Mr. I. Scream. Desperately, he begged, “Please keep this a secret. No student must ever discover the teachers’ secret cave.”
“Don’t worry, sir!” I smirked. “Your secret is safe with me.”
I could just picture my next report card, with nothing but A’s, and wondered smugly what I would do with all the spare time I would have for the rest of the year, instead of worrying about homework!

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!