A Cat Called Kimba

Every time I made a wish it was always the same; I wished that our cat, Kimba would live forever. Obviously I knew that in real life that couldn’t happen, but somehow I thought the wishes could do something, until that terrible day.
Kimba was an amazing cat, he was pretty with light green eyes, all grey fur and a lot of black stripes with a white tummy. I loved everything about him; the way he came up to my room when I was sad and the way he miaowed so much just to be fed. He had always been such a big part of my life, such a comfort to all of us.
He had been in our family since before I was born, 13 wonderful years had passed and by the 14th year Kimba was very old, he was now blind in one eye and kept falling down the stairs all the time. Dad found him lying in the sun, Kimba had had a fantastic dream that he didn’t want to wake up from. Dad carried him to his bed where we all said our goodbyes.
When something or someone leaves us it brings back so many memories and Kimba was no exception. Memories flooded into our heads of how loudly he purred when he was happy, how soft his fur was, how he loved to lie in the sun, how he was scared of the vets but once he was there he didn’t want to come home and when he brought flowers home for my Mum in his mouth.
The day he died had been the saddest day ever for me and no matter how hard I tried to get used to our routine the house was missing miaows. Lots of times we went to feed him but that dreadful reminder came back that he was gone.
Our hearts were heavy but we knew that although he might not be here with us, he would always be with us in our memories forever. So try to remember that whenever you lose someone or something like your precious pet, they made a difference in your life and you made a difference in theirs.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!