I Can't Eat That

The silver moonlight shone through the gap of the twin mice Nibbles and Squeaky’s mouse hole curtains. Through the gap wafted a smell. It was the smell mice who had been starved a fierce cat had been hoping for. Cautiously Squeaky poked her head out but didn’t see the cat. What a stroke of luck!
Venturing out of the hole with anxious Nibbles trailing behind, Squeaky walked into the dim hall way and into the deserted kitchen. On the table lay a slice of cheese sprinkled with blue spots. Greedy Nibbles clambered up the table with Squeaky at her heels. Nibbles took a big scoop of cheese and Gobble! Down it goes. “Squeaky, this cheese is the best! Try some!” Nibbles suggested. “I can’t eat that! It must be poisonous!” exclaimed Squeaky. Suddenly, a piece of Cheddar cheese (Squeaky's favourite) appeared beside Squeaky.
Out of the corner of her eye, Nibbles saw the cat appear. “Run!” cried Nibbles. Nibbles and Squeaky took their precious cheese and ran as fast as their legs could run while carrying cheese PLUS being chased by a cat who actually wanted the cheese! But they got home safely (which was the important thing) and had a feast with their family.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!