Waiting For The Beach

Seagulls fighting over small pieces of chips, waves crashing against the shore and the smell of seaweed drifting through the cold breeze. Meanwhile I was inside staring through my bedroom window at the endless blue ocean that I could be swimming in, it’s so annoying “why do I never get to go to the beach?” Although my mum was making lunch I asked her if I could go to the beach and my mum replied “Only if you finish your homework”, so I marched up to my room and finished the last math activity and went downstairs to ask again if I could go to the beach yet, but my mum said “After lunch”, so I quickly ate my lunch. As I was in the middle of eating my dad told me to slow down but I was too busy eating to reply, I darted outside suddenly I heard my mum yelling “Go clean your room!” so I stormed back to my room again and cleaned up my pencils and pens. Then I yelled out to my mum “Now can I go to the beach?.” I heard my mum yell out, YES! Finally I thought……I sprinted to the door and grabbed my pink and blue surfboard and almost got out the gate but I heard my mums voice echoing through the hallway “Come back inside now it’s too late” AHHH I screamed “I’ll just go tomorrow!!!”.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!