Bad "clothes" Day

Bad “clothes” day

Beep, Beep, Beep. School. Boring. Uninteresting. Once again, I awoke to another day of school. Left foot out, right foot out and one, two, three heave myself out of bed. Some people say that all things in life happen for a reason but seriously, who has a good enough reason to get out of bed in the morning, not me. As I was walking down the passage, I saw something move out the corner of my eye but misty our dog was still asleep so I went to investigate, but there was nothing there. I thought that maybe I was still in my usual morning mode so I went and splashed my face with some cold water and carried on walking down the passage I then realised that my favourite soccer training socks had gone missing. Mum always tells me to wash them but I have had some good luck in those socks so if I washed them not only all of the dirt and a lot stinky sweat will launder out of them but also a lot of luck.
I searched everywhere for them on shelves the dirty clothes basket even the clean washing in case mum tried to wash them but I could not find them anywhere. Suddenly I heard the door shut I sprinted to the curtains and dragged them open to find my favourite socks, shirt and shorts walking my dog misty down the footpath but with no body inside them. I dashed to the door and swung it open so fast I almost took the hinges with it. I thought to myself as I was racing down the footpath how this was scientifically possible and maybe mum was right about washing your clothes after wearing them for weeks on end. I ran as far and as fast, as could but I could not catch up to this unusual dirty clothes creature.
As I watched it disappear far into the distance, I had an idea come into my mind. What was the one thing that misty loved and that she could smell from a mile away… a hot dog. Therefore, I ran back inside and cooked up a few hot dog, grabbed a fan and sat them outside. Soon enough I could see my dog misty and the weird creature being dragged through the bushes. My plan had worked but the only thing I had to do now was to catch this strange creature. So I got a bucket of warm soapy water and I finally had to face my fear of washing my good luck socks. So , I ran up behind the creature and tipped the bucket all over it. Slowly it turned back into my normal dirty, stinky clothes.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!