The Apocolype

Excellence Award in the 'Spread The Word 2017' competition

The land was quiet; the people are hiding from the aliens who invaded the planet many months ago, they seem to be finding our hidden vaults everywhere, I am president of vault 032 and I am in control of the final hidden vault. The vaults were built to protect us from the immense radiation that the aliens produce, we use concentric armour to protect us from the radiation and hide us from them. I have to lead our head of protection through the alien spaceship we shot down.
The doors weighs 10 tons and has protected us from the aliens’ explosives, we have to reach the crashed spaceship before they can see us. Joey will help me to defend ourselves from the aliens. As we leave the vault, the door closes and we are left alone in the wasteland.
We have to reach cover before they find us; the nearest piece of debris is the Sydney opera house and is close to the spaceship. I sent Joey to cover, he says he found something, something different from the aliens, I came over to see, it seems to be a power core of some sorts I took it with me toward the ship.
Aliens have found us! We had to run all the way back towards the vault, as the vault opens we hid behind the rubble infront of the door. We went inside the vault and found that the vault people caught a alien spy.
I have decided to test what the power core will do toward the alien. It looked like they evaporate with a touch of it, so I think I will make this into a giant canon so we can destroy the mothership and all of the aliens with it.
The canon, now named the Titan, is ready to shoot the mothership. I took up aim at the mother ship, Joey put the power core into the power spot. I shot at the mother ship and all the other ships and it was a clear hit!
The remaining ships flew away and we all ran out of the vault, ready to repopulate the Earth.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!