Yazi And The Wombat

Yazi was 15 years old with brown hair and blue eyes. Her parents always fought. This time she ran away to the woods because of their fighting. She got there and realised that she had no money, that means no food or water! She saw a burrow, so she crawled into it and slept there. Suddenly she saw a wombat! She ran out of the burrow. She waited and waited and waited until the wombat came out of the burrow. She climbed back into the burrow, about an hour later the wombat returned. The wombat doesn't mind Yazi, so Yazi goes over to pat the wombat. It scratches her and she ran out of the burrow and slept outside. When she woke up the next morning she decides to go home, as she is walking she hears something behind her... It's the wombat, she picks him up (and he doesn't mind this time). She takes him home with her and named him Bernard.

The end.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!