The Tale Of The Tattletale Teapot

Excellence Award in the 'Spread The Word 2017' competition

Once upon a time in a deep dark forest, lived a tattletale teapot. This teapot was always telling tales about people in his town. All his owners he had ever had had thrown him away for insulting them. He knew he should not do it but he felt gleeful as he did. The tattletale teapot thought that his feelings were the most important thing in the world so if it made him happy he should keep doing it. He did not know that other people needed to be happy as well as himself.

One day the tattletale teapot reached the palace after a day of teasing and insulting and went inside to tattletale about the king. After the king had been teased the king said to him” Tattletale teapot, I know you feel good when you tease but other people have feelings too. Feelings are not the most important thing in the world. Friends and family are. So go and make some friends and be happy and make other people happy too.” “Ok” said the tattletale teapot because he knew he would. That day the tattletale teapot had learnt two very valuable lessons. Not to tease and that friends are way more important than if we are happy or not. That night there was big celebrations and the tattletale teapot made a nice comment to everyone in town.

If you ever tease then make sure that you have the same ending as the tattletale teapot!

I’m a little teapot do not tease song
I’m a little teapot do not tease
Here is my song and listen carefully
When I get all steamed up hear me shout
Do not tease or I’ll sell you out

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!