My Baths

Excellence Award in the 'Spread The Word 2017' competition

I turn the taps, I wait for the stream to warm, to the perfect temperature for that I yearn.
I briskly place the plug in its rightful place sealing the smooth and flawless vessel that my heaven is contained in.
I turn the tap clock wise till only a few drips plop onto the calm water making ripples that flow until they reach the edges.
I remove my disguise it leaves me feeling vulnerable, yet comfortable I am finally alone with myself.
I step in, lie down, let the gentle lull of the heated water wash over my aching muscles, relieving me of my pain.
Sending me into a sweet void my worries drift away in ripples my movements cause.
I ascend into the serene place that is an empty mind not working nor worrying.
The only reminder of my surrounds is that almost sickly sweet fruity scent of my shampoo.
It invades my nose and thus my peace, it is an unwanted reminder that this has a purpose, that I am neglecting.
I clear this thought and meditate, I inhale and exhale, the warm steam filling my body warding away the coldness that grows inside me.
Time has passed, so much so that I only now register the change from a warm embrace to a chilling and tepid one.
The faint crackling noise in my ears snatches my conscience back, bubbles popping that I hear I am reminded I cannot stay here forever.
I take a brave and tedious step out, the breeze kisses and chills my pruned skin, goose bumps spread across my body.
I shiver and chatter as I pull the plug, I watch the water circle down the drain anticlockwise.
The serenity has gone in my eyes only to return when I once again feel dirtied by this world.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!