Darci

The day I came into this school in prep, I did not really fit in and I kept on being alone, that is why people called me a freak, a loner, a loser and other names. I spent a whole year all alone, I actually felt good about being alone because people in my grade are only devils to me, since they always bully me.
In first grade, someone saw my loneliness and wanted to comfort me and her name is Darci. Darci did not only became my friend but she changed her whole outlook in people but our friendship did not last long. The day before she left, she told me “Make more new friends and have someone to depend on than just me okay. Will you do that for me?’
I replied to her ‘I will do that, for you.’
In second grade, I finally made many friends but they were mostly boys, many of the girls really got jealous of me. It is mostly because many boys took an interest on me because they knew how sporty and how fun I was.
Last year, I was in grade 7, it was my first year of high school I didn’t have that much time to hang out with my friends because of the amount of assignments and studies I had to do in the terms. At least I had some lunchbreaks to hang out with my friends and have a little chat before the next lesson.
Today, I am in Grade 8 and I have so many friends. Many of them left to go back to another country, which is where they live, but I still stay in contact with them. I would not have many friends if it were not for Darci, she was the one who changed my whole outlook in this world and I would not have done it without her. If I was the same girl I was in prep I would not have many friends to take care of me, the same way my family takes cares for me.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!