The Dragon Prophecy

Excellence Award in the 'Spread The Word 2017' competition

“ROAR!!!”
Ender roared loudly as he breathed blinding gold flames. Ender was the Elemental Dragon of the Dragon Prophecy.
Blaze dodged the flames and swooped in at Ender swiping his sharp, shiny silver claws. Blaze was the Sun Dragon in the Prophecy and also Ender’s sensei.
It was dawn and they were in the battle arena surrounded by mountains. There was fog, the sky was grey and there was a sharp chill in the air.
“Stop,” Blaze said quickly as he saw the messenger, Sparky.
“Masters,” Sparky said respectfully, “Destroyer is coming to steal the Elemental Stone again but this time he has brought his older brother, Destructor,” Sparky said in a panicky voice. Destroyer and Destructor were sorcerer goblins and could transform into an enormous sorcerer demon. They were also known as the D Brothers.
“Thank you Sparky, you are dismissed,” said Blaze.
“Ender, it is now time for you to hear your destiny from the Prophecy,” exclaimed Blaze.
“Why now?” asked Ender.
“Because Destroyer has come to his senses and is bringing Destructor,” replied Blaze simply.
“Here is the scroll of the Prophecy,” said Blaze as he handed Ender a little, battered scroll.
This is what the legendary Dragon Prophecy said: The Elemental Dragon shall become the defender of the dragon realm. Its sensei, the Sun Dragon, shall teach it the secrets of the Elemental Stone.
The two that are one shall launch an attack on Dragon Island to steal the Elemental Stone, and if they succeed, the dragon species shall vanish. The Elemental Dragon shall confront the one that is all in the Life Dimension battle arena. With proper training, the dragon species could survive.
“So this is it, hey?” said Ender in a cautious voice.
BANG, BOOM, CRACK!!!
“They’re here!” Blaze exclaimed, as he saw hundreds of dragons fly to their positions, ready for battle.
“Here is the Elemental Stone, use it to make the Elemental Ring and destroy the D Brothers,” informed Blaze.
“Good Luck,” said Ender confidently as he flew off into the grey fog to fulfil his destiny.
“You too, Ender!” Blaze whispered as he wondered stressfully if he had trained Ender well enough to save the dragon species.
Ender was flying over the aqua seas to the portal island, so he could confront the D Brothers in their demon form. He looked behind him to find the demon stalking him. A few seconds later, he found himself hovering over the portal island and swooped into the light dimension portal with the demon biting and swiping at his tail.
“By power of the Elemental Stone, I summon the Elemental Ring!” shouted Ender immediately as the ring formed and blew out a golden laser at the demon.
“AAAAAHHHH!!!” bellowed the demon. Bang! A split second later, dust replaced the demon’s place.
Ender flew breathing heavily back to Dragon Island to find the Elemental Stone gone! He flew in search of Blaze to tell him the breaking news.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!