The Real Story Of Jack And The Beanstalk

Excellence Award in the 'Spread The Word 2017' competition

To the dearest people of Far, Far Away.
You all think I am the big, bad giant but young Jack is the real bad guy.
I was casually gardening on a red, hot evening when I heard the tinker of the golden dinner bell. I could smell a scrumptious meal that awaited me at the dinner table. I mozied on over to my bed after filling up on my delicious meal, I fell into bed, tucked the doona over the top of me as I happily closed my eyes and fell into a deep sleep.
That very next morning, I went to see my goose Mittens. I could see a blur running with a golden egg that I was going to have for breakfast. I called my dogs Fee, Fi, Foo, Fume but the blur was just too quick as it slid down the thick green stalk that was wrapped in lime green vines and green leafy leaves.
I went back inside to get some breakfast and not long after came back out with an electric blue coloured watering can and some bright green gloves. That very moment the rascals were back running over my garden with my golden harp, I was shocked to see them running and felt so sick of finding little footprints on my gardens.
They got away with it this time and because I could obviously see that they really needed money, the next time they climbed up the stalk, I offered them my goose to lay them golden eggs. They were very happy to take Mittens. I was sad to see my goose was gone but I knew that I did find it in the human world and that it did belong down there. So I wiped away my tears and went to the pet store in the clouds. I got an ordinary goose so I would not be greedy with all of the golden eggs that the goose laid. After that I went to my shed, got an axe and took aim. With my giant sized axe that my cousin Alphelfa got me for Christmas, I sliced through the centre of the stalk and it came crashing down and all you town’s people mistook it as me falling out of my castle. I’m a generous giant and that is the real story of Jack and the beanstalk.
Your hopeful friend
The Giant

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!