Waking Up

Waking Up
I’m lying in my bed watching my two gold fish circle around in their bowl for what seemed like the 100th time. Was I EVER going to get to sleep! “Waaaaaaah” Oh great. Now my twin brothers are awake and crying. Uh I’M SOOOO TIRED!!!
“Bye mum, love you”. I’m walking into school to do the usual BORING STUFF: Math, English, Sport, and History/Geography. I heard somewhere that intelligent people are more likely to have sleeping difficulties than average smart people. Maybe that’s my problem I’m too smart! All I know is I can’t sleep!
As usual, the next night is no different. Its 11:30 and I’m STILL AWAKE!!! Will sleep ever come to me! Slowly, sleep creeps over me like a blanket and I’m drifting... I’m at a beautiful lake and swimming in the crystal-like water when suddenly the water around me starts to ripple and swirl! I get sucked down a dark hole... I kept falling for what seemed like an eternity when I finally hit the ground with a loud wet THUD!
I should’ve died but somehow I didn’t. I stand up and look around and in the distance I see a... PORTAL!!! OMG A PORTAL!!! I’m so excited I run straight to it. It had dark orange marigolds surrounding it and it had a magical pinky-purple colour in the middle. I hold my breath then step through.
On the other side I looked around and I was in a fairytale like green grassland! Not only that but I had wings, WINGS!!! They were a deep purple with a blue tint to them. I look around and there are strange creatures all over the grassy plains! I thought about flying then I was! It felt so good to feel the wind up against my face that I forgot I was dreaming!!!
All of a sudden I heard this soft quiet voice calling my name “Ness... come” I look around to see who was calling me and spot a girl sitting on a rock. I quickly fly over to her. “OMG how did you get here the same way as me through that hole!” The girl replied “I live here”.
She had mysterious purple eyes, hair as white as snow, a long flowing yellow gown and pale skin. I was stunned by her beauty so much that I couldn’t speak! But I managed to say “You called my name”. “Oh yes” she said “Vanessa Emily Marion I’ve go... “WAIT HOW DO YOU KNOW MY NAME!!!” “Oh, I have my ways. But you are in grave danger”. Her voice sounded serious so I believed her. “What kind of danger?” I said. She replied “I’m sorry, this is all I’m aloud to say for now, now it’s time for you to wake up”. She gave me a smile then...
Beep, beep, beep! Darn it my stupid alarm woke me up! But now I can’t wait to go back to sleep!!! What does she mean though, danger?

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!