Back To Time

It all started with a fight in my house me (Henry) and my sister (Ella) with my friend jack doing nothing, but my sister and I eventually stopped. I asked jack, “You want to see the time machine me and my dad built” he replied “YES!” After we had our lunch we went to the time machine, jack ran right into it, I tried to stop him but when I grabbed his arm he had already pressed a button, I found out we went back in time to the Jurassic period. I was moaning for ages because when we landed the time machine disappeared 50kilometres away, well that’s what I estimated, I saw it because we were at the top of a huge hill. Jack was so ready for an adventure then he stopped when I said you know you will see dangerous dinosaurs.

We started walking towards the time machine when we found heaps of steep hills, we climbed one and it began feeling scaly but then the hill started rising higher and higher, we found out that we were on a brachiosaurus. We saw heaps of other dinosaurs when we were riding it but the awesome thing is it had traveled about 35kilometres already for us and then had a nap, so that’s when we got of it and continued our journey.

We went pass such amazing things in fact jack nearly got stomped on by an amargasaurus he was so grateful that I pulled him out of his death. We haven’t seen any carnivores while we walked the other 5killometres. I told jack that there was only another 10kilometres to go that’s when he felt so depressed and said I’m really sorry for taking us here and I’ll try my best to make up for it but now I really want to go home now. So we made our own shelter to keep us from getting soaked from the rain in the passing nightfall that was coming.

When we woke up and we caught some fish with our hands. We only managed to catch one fish anyway and we made our own fire and cooked the fish, “we might have overcooked it” I told jack but were only kids we can’t really do any better we had some leftovers that we threw away so it wouldn’t attract carnivores. We continued our journey and walked another 9.5killometres when we saw a tyrannosaurs we ran and ran but then it saw us we only had another 200metres left luckily jack said, “I have one more piece of fish” then jack threw it behind us to slow the tyrannosaurus down. It worked for about 4seconds, “I can see the time machine!” I yelled we ran straight for it we ran so fast when we were 1metre away when we jumped for it we just made it and got back home in a nick of time we were safe and we made it back home.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!