Cabbage Creek

On the summer holidays, 3 friends went camping at Cabbage Creek. They were so excited! When they got to the campsite, they pitched their tent next to the creek. It was peaceful. Then all of a sudden..they heard the sound of scratching, out popped a black cat!
“Aghhh!” screeched one of the boys. “There a black cat over there, and it’s starring at me, that’s 7 years of bad luck. Our holiday is ruined,” sobbed the boy.
“Don’t be silly, there’s no such thing,” said the others. “We’ll have a fantastic holiday, you just wait and see!”
The next day they woke up bright and early and got ready to go kayaking. The boy who saw the black cat reminded the others that this might not be a good idea, but they ignored him.
So they started kayaking the WRONG WAY. They got to the end of the river and the water started getting rough and choppy. It started to turn red; they got a closer look and saw brightly colored fish which meant that the fishes were deadly. They knew they could not fall into the river. One of the boys had an idea of tying the kayaks together, they all paddled at full speed but they were pulled back by the rapid tides.
They quickly held on to a nearby branch but the rip tide was too strong so the branch snapped and they were swept away…
When they woke up, they found themselves in a strange land. They saw white, brown and black trees, giant flowers with tall stems and a bubbling volcano. There were also giant bees with razor stings. The boys were scared and excited at the same time. One of the boys said, “This is amazing!” But the others did not agree.
Suddenly, the boy who saw the black cat screeched, “ AGHHHH! There’s the black cat again!”
The black cat was right in front of them licking its paws with its eyes glowing. It had shaggy unclean fur. The all agreed that they did not like this cat, and that they had ran out of good luck.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!