Veggie Prince

As you all know Prince Charming and I got married after he found me, well we hadn’t really talked before we got married but I thought he would’ve told me important things like, I don’t know that he’s vegetarian! Normally I would have been okay with that, do whatever you want in your life but when it starts to affect me then we have a problem. Prince Charming won’t let me eat meat! I haven’t had a juicy steak or spicy chicken kebab or even a lamb chop since we got married, how I’ve missed that taste. Even though I look wonderful, my skins never looked better and I look really good in green. I still miss meat, all of it and don’t even let me get started about how much I miss bacon.
I wonder if Fairy godmother could help me? I slip out of bed putting on my gold slippers and sneaking out into the garden in my neon green nighty. Maybe I should have worn something darker to sneak out in.
“Fairy godmother,” I call “I need your help”
The trees start rustling before a blue spark pops out of nowhere transforming into my fairy godmother.
“What is it dear?” Fairy godmother asks
“The prince is vegetarian,” I explain “I would be fine with this but he won’t let me eat meat!”
A loud screech escapes my godmother’s mouth, shaking the ground beneath us.
“HE DOESN’T LET YOU EAT MEAT! WHAT TYPE OF A PRINCE IS HE?” Godmother screeches
“Apparently, a wake one now” I mumble
“Don’t worry dear I’ll fetch some steaks, lamb chops, spicy chicken kebabs and bacon” Godmother tells me before waving her wand in the air. Godmother mumbles a spell underneath her breath before a plate of meat appears in front of me.
Without thinking I launch straight into the pile of meat gobbling it all down in mere seconds. Licking my fingers and standing up already missing the taste of bacon.
“Well that was quick” Godmother laughs
“I was deprived of bacon!” I whine
“Oh don’t worry Cindy dear, I can fix that” Godmother coos.
Godmother reaches into here clock before pulling out a jar of powder.
“Take this, whatever you sprinkle it on will be flavoured whatever meat you’d like” Godmother explains passing me the jar.
“Thank you!” I smile, hugging her.
“I’ll put a new jar under your pillow every month,” Godmother whispers “Have a good night Cindy, and I’m off to bingo!”
With that Godmother disappears and I’m left alone in the gardens. I dash upstairs into the palace and back into my bedroom. I place the jar of flavouring on my dresser before snuggling into my bed. Maybe being married to a Veggie Prince isn’t that bad, I’ll still look great from my veggie diet without really being on a veggie diet! It’s a win, win. That is unless I run out of flavouring before the month is up, then all hell will break loose.
THE END.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!