NBA CAREER END

The NBA Draft.
Number 1 pick Noah Johnston to Philly. “Ahh YES,’’ Noah is so happy, he looks up to Ben Simmons and now gets to play with him. Number 2 pick Sam Elvin. Woo hoo! “Sam and Noah are such good friends, I think their gonna be the best duo ever,’’ says the commentator.

First training
“Guys listen up, we would like to introduce Noah and Sam,’’ said the coach.
“My full name is Noah Johnston. I’m 6’2, I weigh 180p and live in Sale, Victoria Australia’’.
“My full name is Sam Elvin. I’m 6’5 and weigh 193p and live in Longford, Victoria Australia”.
At Noah and Sam's first game they are so excited and as nervous as skydiving, the 4Q is starting and they are enjoying it so much Noah scored 20 points and Sam scored 20 as well. It’s the last game of the regular season, they are already a duo. 1Q 23-19 2Q 48-48 3Q 79-65 4Q and they are down by 1. Noah passes to Sam, Sam from three to win the game! He is jumping as high as a person on a trampoline. Noah wins MVP- Most Valuable Player and ROTY- Rookie Of The Year, Noah is happier than parents having a baby.

It's come to the last game of the NBA final and if we win- Philly win the championship. 2Q 86-93. Dam we’re down in the 4th Quarter, it's a draw with 1.9 seconds left on the clock. Noah from full court- OMG! OMG! He is jumping like a dog and he can’t believe it, they’ve won!

During the 2nd season, 14 games in, terrifying news hits with a career ending injury. Noah was limping like an injured horse and while icing it found out that he had a Tumour cancer in his knee. Noah is in the hospital, he got given anaesthetic. The doctors had to cut his leg off up to his hip. His Mum, Dad, Coach and teammates said, “You are so brave”.

Noah ended up dying a year and a half later.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!