Talking To Me

Everyone loses important things in their lives. Like Jessica, she had lost her dog to a truck. She remembers that day and forever will. But it’s almost as though her heart has flipped over from this loss. She wishes something will happen to brighten up her life but it seems though nothing ever, ever will go her way.
“Come eat your lunch, Jessica!” her mother grumbled. Jessica grumbled too. “I already ate my lunch, Mum!” Jessica grumbled back as she sat on the couch starring at the wall. Her Father walks in with an unhappy look on his face too. “Look I understand it is tough and everyone misses your dog too!” he exclaimed trying to look bright.
“No! NO ONE UNDERSTANDS! NO ONE EVER WILL!” Jessica yelled back at her father and stomped to her room. ‘I hate my life! No one ever cares about me, and I never will to anyone!’ Jessica thought to herself.
She sat beside her bed crying her heart out. She could hear her parents fighting. “She just needs more time, it’s really tough on her!” her father yelled.
“It’s not only tough on HER!” her mother yelled back. Suddenly Jessica’s bedroom window swung open like something had just forced it to. Jessica looked confused. Strange things had been happening lately. Like her window, the house being old and creaky, the car engine going fuzzy, nails being found everywhere.
Jessica noticed something… All of that spelled when! But who is trying to talk to her? She looked back some more and the other strange things spelled; will, notice, me, you. Jessica used her head once more and the words all put into a sentence that made sense was; when will you notice me? Jessica felt a rush go inside her… She was scared, who was trying to be noticed in her house… “I guess this thing wants to be noticed like me…” Jessica whispered to herself. She held out her tears and whispered in her head, ‘I’m here. I’m listening,’ she repeatedly thought to herself.
Finally she heard barks in her head, they were familiar barks. It was her dog! “How? You’re so smart! What is it? Please I am listening, I have so many questions! I miss you! I love you!” she blurted out her thoughts. “Jessica?” Jessica was astonished her dog had questions for her too. “Yes?” she thought confusedly. “Look,” her dog rushed pictures in her head. Her mother, Father, sister and brother all crying. They are hurting too. She felt the rush go away. She knew her dog had gone and there was only one thing left. Sorry time. Jessica sloped her body downstairs to the family and apologised.
Of course everyone cried. They all hugged. But Jessica still had something left to do. After all the sadness, her parents stopped fighting and everyone was back to normal. It was great to have the family back together. Soon enough Jessica slipped into bed. ‘Thank you,’ Jessica thought.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!