Family Chase


Family Chase

It was a cool day in the Western parts of Europe when the salmon run had started. All the little salmon were drifting quickly into the ocean. One couple were trying to swim as fast as they could to stop their son, Jeremy from going into the ocean alone. But it was too late. About a million boats, bears and bald eagles appeared for their seasonal catch, and the couple were cornered. They glanced at a rock and spotted a small opening. With all their might, they swiftly swam through the small opening which led them to their home.

One year later, Jeremy was fully grown. Jeremy was half way through his journey to Iceland. He was very tired; his energy was dwindling and he wanted to stop and eat but he was being followed. Some adult sharks with pearly white teeth were trying to eat him! Jeremy outsmarted them by hiding in some coral that was swaying in the ocean tide.

Jeremy continued his journey and finally arrived at his destination with great hunger and thirst. He swam above the water to seek cadd flies but never found them. He was three quarters through his journey to Greenland when he spotted something in the distance. To his relief, he found countless may flies, and he swallowed and gulped what seemed like tonnes.

Still in Greenland, Jeremy was preparing for his 360 kilometre journey to the USA. After 30 hours, he made it to the USA feeling exhausted. In the distance, he caught a glimpse of a little tank which had fish inside it. “Maybe the fish in the tank are my relatives. Maybe I will find my family,” he imagined. He dashed to the opening with great speed. But when he entered the tank, he heard a huge bang. He was locked in!
He couldn’t believe that he was trapped in a cage with fake fish. The people at the aquarium laughed with their bellies. Jeremy’s heart began to beat fast. Luckily, Jeremy discovered an opening in the rusty gate. He squeezed his little body through the minuscule hole and escaped to Canada.

Jeremy realised that he was losing precious time to meet his family. Old age was near and they would not be able to swim far. To swim back to Western Europe, he needed to look for a school of fish. However, they had no clue on how to get there.
Jeremy found a current with a sign that spelt, “Western Europe Current.” He splashed in with sheer delight and started swimming home to his family. He finally arrived at his home and found his family waiting for him! They rubbed their scales and hugged with their fins. But the happiness did not last for very long. Some sharks found their way inside his home and ate his family. He was very angry and hit the sharks with very large rocks.
The next year, Jeremy and his own family ventured out on their salmon run.




FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!