Maddie

MADDIE
Maddie nervous as can be, is about to step on stage in her wonderful silver dress, hair in a perfect bun and finished with a beautiful silver scrunchie. Her principle Abby Lee Miller had courage in her best dancer. As she steps on stage the music starts. She does her first turn which leads into a beautiful jump. She dances her heart out; as she goes on she can hear nothing as if everything was silent. Maddie then completes the routine with a beautiful turn, as Maddie goes into her ending pose the crowd goes wild. Maddie was very proud.

Maddie then goes backstage and all of the other performers’ mouths dropped. Abby Lee embraced Maddie with a hug. It was then time for the awards. Maddies heart pounded as they announced the top junior solo winner. The top junior solo goes to . . . . . . . . . . MADDIE FROM ABBY LEE DANCE COMPANY! Maddie was so excited with joy and happiness as she stepped up to grab her award she was very proud of herself and Abby Lee was too. Maddie then walked off stage with a big smile on her face as she ran to the dressing room with excitement! Abby with another big win on her shoulders walked out of the competition.

Days to weeks to months went by. Maddie is now learning her hardest solo of the year. This was because there are going to be twice as many judges’ famous singers looking for back up dancers, movie directors looking for kids with lots of talent. But the thing that scared Maddie the most was if she forgot her solo she would be kicked out of the Abby Lee Dance Company! So Maddie wanted this dance to be glued to her head. The day of the competition arrived. As Maddie was getting dressed in an aqua and purple polka-dot tutu, with brand new tan jazz shoes and completed with her hair in a high ponytail. They then announced Maddie. Maddie leaps on stage and begins her dance. The music is flowing through her head. All of a sudden the music faded through Maddies head and she goes completely blank as she forgets her solo!

Maddie runs off stage back to her dressing room, she didn’t know that Abby lee was right behind her. Maddie was sorry as can be but Abby Lee had no choice but to kick her out ! Maddie was so upset she ran home. She was surrounded by winning trophies she could not do anything but cry. Over the next few months she sat at home and read the daily paper. On Maddie’s 10th birthday she read in the paper that Abby Lee dance company was holding auditions. Maddie took this as an opportunity so she could do what she loves best – dancing! She couldn’t wait so she ran to her room and practiced.

It was the day of auditions. Abby Lee noticed Maddie straight away. As the day went by Abby Lee released that she threw away one of her best dancers. So she gave Maddie a permanent contract at the Abby Lee dance company! Maddie knew that she did it!


FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!